LS Swap Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS Swap Questions

I will be starting my swap here soon, so I'm trying to get all of my odds and ends accounted for and dealt with.

Regarding the fuel system setup, what seems to be the consensus for how its done? Are you guys running a return based, or a returnless system?
    Just Ain't Care. No really though.

All fuel injected engines have some type of return. Usually "returnless" systems have a return near the fuel tank. On the "return" style its closer to the fuel rail.

I would say it really depends on the fuel rail your going with.
    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
      All fuel injected engines have some type of return. Usually "returnless" systems have a return near the fuel tank. On the "return" style its closer to the fuel rail.

^ agreed, the fueling setup will depend on which intake and rail you are planning on running. Truck intakes have a return line with regulator that can be plumbed back to your tank. "LS" rails do not have return or regulator and will require the use of a Corvette style fuel filter.
      Once you know which intake/rail you're running the rest is fairly simple.
      Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
      '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
      Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
      1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
      Check us out
      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post

A true "returnless" fuel system relies on the ECU to vary voltage to the fuel pump to control fuel delivery.

If it has a regulator, it's a return style fuel system... the only variation is the location of the regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
          ^ agreed, the fueling setup will depend on which intake and rail you are planning on running. Truck intakes have a return line with regulator that can be plumbed back to your tank. "LS" rails do not have return or regulator and will require the use of a Corvette style fuel filter.
          Once you know which intake/rail you're running the rest is fairly simple.
          I'm running the Holley Hi Ram, so no built in truck-intake line here. It seems as though running the Vette FPR is absolutely going to be the most cost effective solution though.

What're you guys doing for rear ends?
          Just Ain't Care. No really though.

Comment

Working...
          X