Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e550

will the engine and trans from a 2007 550i fit in a e30

Anything will fit with enough time and money. Personally I think it would be an amazing swap. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Why though? Alternator housing gaskets are annoying enough to do in e60’s, imagine how much it would suck in a smaller e30 engine bay.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

There are some m60 e30's out there, that should give you a rough estimate of engine fitment. Additionally you will need to change the oil pan or subframe due to the rear oil sump. The valve covers are taller due to valvetronic so that will give you extra clearance problems up top. I don't know if anyone has cracked the engine software to let it run without ews or a partial pt can bus. So to get it running you may need to swap additional modules from the donner car.
        When the engine is out of the car do your self a favor and replace the valve stem seals, and alternator bracket gasket, they will not be fun to do mounted in the e30 engine bay. Inspect the valvetronic components for wear as they can cause cold start idle issues.
        The newer BMW engines are getting cheaper & the traditional swapped engines are getting harder to find with low mileage so eventually we will start to see more swaps like this. Just make sure you are ready for the additional work.

Comment

so can i use the 6 speed trans on a 540 motor instead

Comment

There's more than one 6 speed.

Comment

Working...
            X