Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M60 Throttle Pedal / Cable not long enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60 Throttle Pedal / Cable not long enough?

So I cut the throttle arm back 35 mm like I have seen referenced, and have the E34 throttle cable that I see referenced.... And it's entirely too short. I can't get the hook on the throttle arm even CLOSE to the throttle pedal arm unless I have the throttle pulled WOT. Even if I back the cable off as far as possible in the adjuster bushing or whatever it's called, I still have the throttle probably 3/4 open. Guesses on what I screwed up? This swap is getting so frustrating, every tiny thing is a roadblock that stalls me out for a week at a time.
    1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

I Could not figure out what the hell the issue was on this. I am guessing its another unpublished 84-85 difference with all the later models. I ended up cutting a piece of sheet steel and using a dremel to duplicate the square throttle cable opening. I fastened it to an open hole lower down in the firewall where some wires or something used to run. I adhered it with 3M panel adhesive since its unreachable with a welder with the pedals and engine in place. That stuff cures hard as woodpecker lips, so I hope it holds. I might add some machine screws to keep it from flexing.

1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

Comment

Working...
    X