RS Engineering metal expansion tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS Engineering metal expansion tanks?

Anyone used one of those? I cannot keep pressure in the system, new cap and tic-tac and it still will foam over when I shut the car off after a drive. System is fully burped, it's not getting hot, running a needle width over mid point but it will vomit coolant out from the threads of the cap. Thinking a metal tank with a proper american style metal radiator cap and not plastic might be the ticket? Note, I am running the E38 setup, so I don't have the built in over the intake style expansion tank.
    1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

Just spit balling here but, have you tried a new cap? Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zukgod1 View Post
      Just spit balling here but, have you tried a new cap? Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
      Yeah, I replaced the brand new Uro one with a Brand new BMW one... BMW one is better, but still vents improperly. Bought the RS tank. Going to start with a Stant 20psi cap and go up from there
      1983 GTV6
      1974 X1/9

Comment

Im using a metal expansion tank on my m60 - but i noticed the m60's have a higher pressure rating than the m20's. Ended up buying a 2.0 bar radiator cap from mishimoto and haven't had any problems

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
          Im using a metal expansion tank on my m60 - but i noticed the m60's have a higher pressure rating than the m20's. Ended up buying a 2.0 bar radiator cap from mishimoto and haven't had any problems
          Yeah, the M60's run crazy high pressure. THe old eta was 1.2 bar. I'm not at 2 with a 20 psi cap, barely above 1.2 bar but if it will actually hold pressure and not puke all over my coils I'll be happy for now. A 2 bar cap makes me worry I'll blow my heater core and scald the shit outta my leg.
          1983 GTV6
          1974 X1/9

Comment

Working...
          X