Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to know what kind of plastic the cowcatcher is made of

Hello all
    I recently picked up a cowcatcher and it has about a 4 inch long tear on one side. I have a plastic welder, but can anyone tell me what kind of plastic the cowcatcher is made of. And does anyone know of a real good YouTube video showing how to repair. Thanks, Geoff.

Originally posted by 88 ragtop View Post
    Hello all
    I recently picked up a cowcatcher and it has about a 4 inch long tear on one side. I have a plastic welder, but can anyone tell me what kind of plastic the cowcatcher is made of. And does anyone know of a real good YouTube video showing how to repair. Thanks, Geoff.
    It’s most likely made of polypropylene or polyurethane. There should be an acronym on the inside of the bumper that goes something like “PUR” or “PP” which helps indicate the type of plastic used.
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Worst material for bumpers.bumpers.

If you practice bumper to bumber the black trim pushes on the upper piece and crack it then pieces start to fly lol.
      Mine rear one has holes (from missing pieces) that you can see through to the metal part of the bumper, The weird thing that the black trim that received the hits is not broken i am sure it is made from a diffrent material.

Comment

Working...
      X