Window stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window stuck

1993 318i. Pass. Window stuck in up position. When I hit the switch I get a ‘ click ‘ from the motor
    driver window works fine.
    any suggestions on how to proceed....
    thx

You need to remove the door panel and first see if anything is broke or binding that would prevent the window from moving up or down. If that all checks out fine, its time to check the motor itself. You can remove the motor and bench test it. Often times the tracks need to be lubed a bit. The early windows had the capability of using an allen wrench to manually move the windows up and down. I'm not sure about the later models with the scissor lifts.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Removed panel and drilled out rivets...with the mechanism loose I cud slide glass up and down without obstruction
      how to remove motor to test?

Comment

First, I have the early version that has the tube and cable design. I'm surprised you needed to drill out rivets to remove the glass from the lift mechanism. A google search seems to come up with a number of videos and hits for the newer lift mechanism.
        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Many YouTube’s on removing regulator and motor
          i just want to remove motor and leave regulator in place

Comment

Try removing the door panel and simply hit the motor with your hands or a small mallet. Could just be gunked up and unable to move. I had this same problem and it worked for me.

Comment

Working...
            X