e30 m60 swap - black smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m60 swap - black smoke

I got the car swapped a while back, it was an early swap and sort of hacked together.

It was running decent when I got it. The fusible link went bad when I was taking it for a drive about 4 months ago. I ended up repairing the fusible link, however the car started running really bad, and would hesitate to start, misfire, bog down, and run really poor. It was smoking white, I ended up replacing the all of the injectors, plugs, coils, relays, and fuses, along with an oil change. The car ran fine after warming up, then it died... I cranked the car a few more times but eventually found out the tank was dry, so I ran the fuel pump dry. I picked up a DW200 255LPH pump and threw that in. Now I'm going through the same issue. Car is smoking white at idle, and black at higher revs. It bogs down and dies, stumbles upon idle, and wont hold a solid idle. The AFR ranges between 12.2 and 14.5, both at idle. I'm sort of at a loss on what the issue can be.

I'm curious if the DME has a relearning process. I'm unsure if the injectors I got are larger, but a more updated injector from Bosch, along with a larger fuel pump. The car idled on it's own for about 5m, revved it up high and it didn't stall out, did it again then it died. Smoke is slowly going down. Going to top off the gas tank and fingers crossed, let it idle for 30-45m, hope the DME may just be acting funky since the it doesn't have any O2 sensors, and the car needs to relearn fuel/air trims

Comment

I am assuming this is a ODB1 DME? I would figure out the ecu you have and a way to interact with it (get codes of some sort).

Comment

Working...
      X