Check engine code 1211 and engine misfiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine code 1211 and engine misfiring

Hello all! I'm having an issue with this 89 325ix. The car is having an issue where when it is idling it will sometimes start to stall out like it misfires real quick but then get back to idle. Sometimes it will just stall out and die. When accelerating at low rpms it will have misfire once or twice, every once in a while. Then the worst issue is sometime at idle the car will stall out and when the engine is started back up, it will have a bad misfire/hard ignition cut at all rpms and you can barely drive the car it cuts out so bad. Then after this happens the check engine light will come on and it comes up as 1211, dme issue. Recent work was a timing belt, valve adjustment, I verified all contacts for the ignition system is on securely and plugged into the right spot and the crank position sensor is in its correct spot and plugged in. So far ive tried unplugging the oxygen sensor, to no avail and im looking for leads of what to check out next, thank you kindly for any responses!

I found the issue! Replaced the dme with another one from a 325i and all is working well now.

Comment

Working...
    X