Fuel filter hose is a pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel filter hose is a pain!

So I just recently got a pinhole size hole in one of my fuel hoses going into the fuel filter. So I figured it’s a pretty simple fix. Pull the hose off the old filter, slap on a new filter and replace the hose. BOY WAS I WRONG.

The hose on the back end of the filter runs all the way up above the fuel tank and it is a PAIN. Can’t fit any tools to pry off the clamp or anything. The problem is whoever put the screw clamp on put it facing the floor board. So I have no way of getting it off. I’m down to my final option which is having to drop the fuel tank just so I can have the space to get the hose out.

Enough complaining though, in all seriousness it is annoying. Was just making this to see if there was anyone who had a simple fix for this so I don’t have to drop my tank lol.

Thank you!

I'd recommend actual bmw hose. Never had good luck with auto zones fuel injection hose, it always swells and has leaks

Comment

cant you see that hose if you take the access panel under the rear seat?
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

You normally have to drop the tank, either somewhat or all the way depending on your tools and level of human flexibility. Technically, you could sling a new much longer line under the tank, across the car, and then up to the pump access area in a pinch, but you should not do that as a real fix.

Get good fuel hose for this job, Gate Barrier, Continental, etc, but be prepared to pay what seems like way too much per foot or meter. Make sure it's rated for high pressure, not for carburetor use too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4934.png
Views:	196
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	10102341
          Hose 13 is the one I’m having issues with.

Comment

I remember replacing all the lines at the fuel filter, while access was limited, I wouldn't call it impossible.
            Cant you snip the hose clamp with some pliers and fit a new one?
            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X