Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal flasher ??

91 318ic

dont know if I need a flasher or a switch, cant find flasher under dash anyplace or at least nothing is clicking at all, and all my fuses are good, the only clicking I hear is in the stearing colum ?? so Im not sure where the falsher is, and if it needs turn signal switch, dont have a good bently manual, the manual I have says these
    steps, remove plastic stearing housing on steering colum
    replace switch
    reattach colum

ok, so I looked. to me it look like the airbag stearing wheel has to come off to get the housings off as it does not have screws like real oem shows in the plastic covers, and they look like they have a lip that goes under the stearing wheel
    that does not look like fun, and if that is where the flasher is too...well crappy location... if so then I will do some splicing and move it to an easier place for future flasher replacement
    Last edited by isamemon; 04-24-2009, 11:14 AM.

The flasher relay is in the steering column cover. Not that hard to get off. I can't remember if you have to pull the wheel or not on an airbag car, but that would be quality engineering if you do. You can download the bentley manual on this site if you want further clarification.
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

I cant find the download bently file
      the only link I had did not open , a few weeks ago

do you have a good link to it

Comment

I think I got mine on M42club.com. They have it stickied in the how to section!
        The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Dont forget to bring a towel.

www.oceansidemotorsports.com

Comment

??????????

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

flasher relay..... www.bavauto.com has it for a nice price

Comment

I also have one to sell if wanted. Better price too!

Comment

Working...
                X