diagnosis plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diagnosis plz

the car has had a stumbling idle and occasionally hesitated under acceleration. I figured it was due to a vacuum leak due to a bad valve cover gasket(it was leaking bad enough to where I figured air was getting in), so i replaced that. that didnt due the trick

then the next day, things got worse. the idle went from a stumble, to a gallop. under acceleration the car would have no power, and the exhaust would burble loudly. the car would buck repeatedly as well.

my next thought was intake leak, so i sprayed suspect areas with carb cleaner with the engine running. didnt notice any change in idle or sounds. so i took off the idle valve, intake boot, AFM, and cleaned everything up. Nothing leaking there

the car is back to how it first was with the stumbling idle. in addition to this the car was always had a lambda code CEL.

any ideas on what might be wronng?

Hows your fuel pressure? Replaced the fuel filter anytime recently?

Comment

Check the secondary ignition (cap rotor cables)

And of course check the fuel pressure, 02 sensor etc and get that MIL cleared.
      I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

thx for the replies.

i havent checked the fuel pressure and i bet the filter hasnt been replaced in a long time.
        i have checked the ignition wires and everything there looks like its been replaced and in good shape

Comment

figure out the problem?

Comment

Working...
          X