5speed disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5speed disaster

im having sucha fucking rough timewith this stupid auto-manual swap, and i have no idea why. someones been throwing thebad luck on me and its fucking me up big time. 1st i get the wrong clutch then i had a clutch from a 2002 motor i bought brand new pressure plate fit i was told the clutch would work, yea...right..then throw out bearing didnt work, then i managed to get the clutchand pressure plate to work some how, tried to bolt up the tranny, wasnt havingit, didnt wana slip in and lign up, im getting screwed over left and right. does anyone have any suggestions on the correct clutch, its for a 1987 325 (2.7) DUAL MASS. i forgot the size off hand, but can anyone lead me into the right way, i always go with sachs but noone seems to carry it and i didnt want to wait for them to special order but i guess thats what im going to end up doing.someone..pleaaaaaaaase pleaaase help me here, i never ask for much, but i need some words of advice and or links to legit very detailed DIY auto-manual swaps i searched yes, i did plenty of times but i never seem to find anything good, and i get frustrated half way through, and ive almost had it with this bullshit. haha. so yea after that rant...i ask the r3v community for a hand..

I would recommend getting a single mass flywheel especially if you are having to buy a clutch kit. Or maybe the parts you already acquired would work with the single mass one. Don't forget to put a pilot bearing in it and confirm it is the correct size on the input shaft of the trans. And there is a plastic pivot pin for the TO fork that usually is worn out and should be replaced.
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Did you use a clutch alignment tool when you assembled the PP/Flywheel?

Comment

Hey man check this out it might be of some help.

sigpic

Comment

okso heres what ive come to find out. i have a tranny thats from i guess..post 87 being there are no holes for the crank sensor (whichin my case) used to be on the bellhousing on the auto trans. that being said i can use the post 87 driveshaft andpedal assembly, i'd just need an 325e tranny or a 87 528 tranny(or ive been told by a local junkyard). with that being said i have a single mass flywheel for trades hopefully if someone wants to do that, for a dual mass, and i also have a 5speed post 87 trannyfor sale. PM for details, i just opened it up to see if the gears were good, re-sealed it and painted it for a clean finish. if anyones interested PM me. thanks!

Comment

Sorry to here about your problems man. Hope things get better.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madformx5 View Post
              Sorry to here about your problems man. Hope things get better.
              thanks!

Comment

biggity bump

Comment

Working...
                X