Electric window troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric window troubles

I've been lurking here for sometime and searched for awhile before posting this thread. I just picked up a decent 1989 325is here in michigan. A little rust here and there, but runs great. When I bought it he told me it needed new window switches and that's why the windows wouldn't go down. Well, after I left I popped out the sunroof switch which worked and tried it in place of the windows switch. It didn't and then I realized it wasn't getting power to the switch. I replaced the fuse that was too low of an amp anyways, but now I'm not sure where to go to figure out this problem. Any suggestions or what I should try next would be a huge help. Thanks guys

Test the fuze spot see if its getting power. If yes go to the insides of the door to see if there is power there.
    85 Toyota pickup.
    85 325e sedan daily driver.
    Various s13 bits for sale. Also a complete stroker kit to be listed soon.
    DriftSTL.com driftpirates.com

Comment

Check if the window breaker switch is off or disconnected. It should be either on your center console (unmarked, long button) or above the head unit (also unmarked, long button). Toggle the button and see if the windows begin working. If that fails to change anything, pull the button and see if the contacts are still attached to the back of it. That wire (that the breaker switch interrupts) is the common source of +12V for both window switches.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Thanks guys, There is power at the fuse. I have toggled that switch several times and am still not getting anything, I'm going to run back outside make sure the power is connected. I got into the door panel today and found no power at the motor. It's getting hot here and I am thinking I should find a way to jump the windows just to get them down, since I keep it in my garage.

Comment

Working...
        X