umm advice, gudiance, help,, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm advice, gudiance, help,, please...

OK, as we all know i reaplced a rocker arm (for the first time) i FINALLY got everythign hook back together today... now.... i started her up.,,,m and considering the headers are still SEMI lose, it sounds good, so skipping i don;t think, only thing is,, if i DO NOT hold the gas it will cut off..... and will only really keep running at higher RPMS...

i swear i hooked everthing up the way it was (minus header gasket) i put 3 different makrs on the timing belt and the cam gear.. so i WAS 100% sure it was on correctly...
    when i losened the timinh belt to put it back on, i tightened it back on, but not TIGHT TIGHT, it WOULD NOT fly off, but u could wiggle the slack a little...

any info would be greatly appreaiated... even if u can just tell me if it;s a minor or serioius prob... thanks -Matt
    </img>
    Schnitzel Not Rice....

do you have the afm correctly hooked up? how about idle air control motor? any vacuum leaks, finish putting the car together and then re-try it.

hth
    -cam
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

thing is put together..AFM is correcly hooked, no hose leaks, i think i know what it is, a friend of mine told me it was a timing issue, since i KNOW i put the timing belt on correclty at the exact same spot i found it, it bothered me, then someone mentioned something about a distibutor cap, like i had to set that back in the exact same possition as well..... i was just looking at it, and the little clover looking thing connects directly to the camshaft.... and on the cap , there is nothing to rotate.... my car is a 1987 model so it;s all comptuer controlled.. any ideas... i did not mark any distibuter positions when i removed it...
      </img>
      Schnitzel Not Rice....

Comment

Did you re-use the old timing belt?

Comment

yeh, the timig belt only has like 2000 miles on it... is my theory about it having to do with something with the distibuter correct? maybe? or does it have nothing to do with it
          </img>
          Schnitzel Not Rice....

Comment

Working...
          X