Sunroof broke, some general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof broke, some general questions

So first of all I had a problem that pretty much the sunroof brackets were sliding along the tracks at the same speed but at different positions/timings. I still don't know how to figure this problem out.

ex)One side would be fully up in tilt mode while the other would be just starting to tilt.

So I was trying to see what was happening today and if I could just regrease some areas and so on. Pretty much I found out how brittle old plastic is.

I'm at a loss when trying to figure out the sunroof. I would love to hear some one give me an idea what is happening and what to do from this point on. thanks

meh?

Comment

anyone? Anything I could turn to for this?

Comment

Shit man, that sucks balls.

Wish I had some input.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I don't really see the problem. You obviously need to go to the junkyard and buy a new sunroof assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Shit man, that sucks balls.

Wish I had some input.

Luke
            Thanks Luke. Maybe im thinking into this too much but everytime I look at my sunroof I want to instantly do something else. Even catching butterflies sounds more appealing.

Well I guess I will need to replace parts but even If I will then I'll be stuck with the same problem as before. Again, I still don't see how I can take out the manual motor.

Comment

Working...
            X