help, with my subaru!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, with my subaru!!

so i have a 1993 subaru legacy wagon. and i have a few problems with it currently. im hoping someone might be able to chime in and point me in the right direction, ive tried subaru forums but they all suck and i cant get a solid forum like r3v.

so if i start my car and drive a short distance, the next time i try and start it again it wont and i have to just wait awhile. sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 20. the car doesnt turn over like it wants to start but it makes this click noise when i turn the key like a "spark is being made" kind of a sound. this process has been going on since i bought the car at the end of last summer.

and i noticed if i want to roll the windows up or down (power windows) if i do them one by one they work wonderfully but if i try and do 2 at a time they go really slow like they dont have enough power getting to them to make them move.

anyone help would be awesome guys, so far ive considered alternator as being the culprite. but i have no idea what the hell im down. the battery seemed ok as i tested it with a thing that checks its power level or soemthing. (i could be wrong on that too)

thanks guys

nobody knows anything bout subarus or just might know a general direction for me to head with it??

Comment

it's your battery ground cable. corrosion kills that sucker on subarus alot.

just go over your battery and alternator terminals and clean off all the corrosion. trace back the short black negative battery cable that goes to the driver's side of the engine bay. clean up that contact and also scrap a bit of paint where it sits for a better contact.

besides that, there are a few other grounds, but they shouldnt be the problem.
      90 E30 325i

Comment

haha thanks for the reply man, i will do that today and i really hope it works.

Comment

Sell it??

sorry to be an ass but 2 of my local buddys have subies and they talk shit about my E30....so im a bit hardened lol
          sigpic

Comment

hahah nahh i dont wanna sell it because its my winter car. gotta get up to the mountain somehow and im not about to take the e30.

plus its nice having a wagon so i can actually use it for road trips and that sort of thing. the gas mileage doesnt hurt either :p

Comment

so i cleaned off the battery terminals and car started several times after just turning it on and off. so i think it fixed it, if not ill clean the alternator terminals and hope that works.

but thankyou for the help, saved me alot of grieve and anger at my car when it doesnt start sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuaaa View Post
                so i cleaned off the battery terminals and car started several times after just turning it on and off. so i think it fixed it, if not ill clean the alternator terminals and hope that works.

but thankyou for the help, saved me alot of grieve and anger at my car when it doesnt start sometimes.

no problem. subarus make great daily drivers, enjoy.
                90 E30 325i

Comment

Sounded like a main relay to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    Here's a laugh at my expense: Farbin, I just now figured out your name.

Body roll+perspective=the poor man's drop

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      in the event my car wasnt fixed by cleaning the terminals, what is the main relay problem you would reccomend to fix. im kinda new to the car stuff so excuse me if that doesnt sound correct or anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X