trunk lock actuator stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk lock actuator stuck!

so i had a problem where my trunk lock was able to lock / unlock all the doors, but was unable to open... so i kicked in the ski hole and had a tiny friend crawl through and undo the part connected to the trunk lid only to find that the actuator is stuck in the "locked" position! i can't for the life of me figure out how to open it to release the piece with the loop that is supposed to connect to the boot lid so i can take out the old actuator and install a new one!

-aurash

Just unscrew the lock actuator from the car? I think its two 8mm screw
    that hold the actuator to the car. Then your tiny friend would probably have enough play to wiggle it out. I remember it to be easy to swap but I had my
    trunk opened it was my lock that was stuck in thought.

I can take a picture if it helps

Scott
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scott_is View Post
      but I had my
      trunk opened it was my lock that was stuck in thought.
      Thats what i meant. I got the trunk open by unbolting the catch from the decklid. Now the problem is that the luck is stuck closed around the catch, and the button (part i put the key in) fell off of the lock. I think i'm just going to take some bolt cutters and cut the catch off unless someone thinks of something clever. ;)

Comment

if you need a new one i have one with all the parts you need to install it.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I took a picture of the latch so you can see witch part you have to
          move to release the lock. you will need to fab an L shaped tool to get to
          it thought.

The orange arrow points the part that has to be pushed down to release the
          lock

Scott
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X