Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Leak

I have had a little oil drip for a while that leaves about 2 2" spots after driving it. I just replaced the valve cover seal and rocker shaft seals but there is still a bit of a leak. I have looked around the oil cooler and housing and it is not that as it seems to be coming from the front of the motor, is there anything besides the front main seal that could be leaking? Thanks for the help.

Cam seal, front main seal, intermediate shaft seal

could be a power steering hose too.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

my PS is feeling like shit, making noises and im leaking oil, so now im j learning that they could be related....?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwannabe
        my PS is feeling like shit, making noises and im leaking oil, so now im j learning that they could be related....?
        Have you topped off your PS fluid lately... its no doubt way low.
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

yeah i should check that out.

Comment

It is oil as I have to add oil every 1000+ miles and the spots it leaves are black. Probably going to take apart the front end starting next week. Anything I should change besides front main, cam seal, and timing belt? Where is the intermediate shaft seal? Thanks for the help.

Comment

If you are looking at the front of the engine its on the right lower side, the seal is behind the pulley.
              Intermediate shaft drives the oil pump.

Comment

Sweet, thanks Dan and Jordan for the help. If anyone else has any hints that would be great.

Comment

Working...
                X