dinan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinan

i have a 85 325e and yesterday afternoon i atrtempted to install a dinan chip to replace the factory one. after many failed attempts on trying to get the car to start, and we tried every thing putting the stock chip back, flipping the chips around im getting an end result of no spark mass fuel and it cranks but no spark could i have fried the ecu?

Are you certain that you are installing the chip in the correct orientation? Have you checked to ensure that the DME is seeing unswitched power and a start signal. And does the main relay close when the key is turned to position 2?
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

did you touch the little metal prongs too much with your dirty hands?

is it ACTUALLY a dinan chip or is it from ebay?
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

i did touch the prongs and my hands wer dirty youb think that would not give me spark tho? and its giving out signal to the distibutor but after the distributor nothing mayb shot distibutor? and wer is the main relay located it was bought off ebay but its a legit dinan chip it was used so idk if its defective or not

Comment

i switched the chip around a couple of times didnt make a difference so i put it back the same way the stock one was, also tried the stock one back in and it didnt work eityher

Comment

I am about to install a Dinan chip into my 90 325i so I am going to watch this thread to see where your problems lead to. I bought mine off of a guy from Craigslist last week when I was in Seattle. I have a spare DME from my parts car to work with so if anything goes wrong I can just reinstall the stock DME with the stock chip.
            sigpic

Comment

heres my story:

when i was 17, i bought a chip on ebay. it was a "dinan" chip. i was careless while installing, and i messed up the chip. the car would turn over but not start. i also messed up the stock chip because i was careless with it and didn't think i would use it again. i was without a car for a few days. i contacted the ebay seller and told him it didn't work, so he sent me a new one. i was very careful while installing it, and the car started right up (and the chip actually did work and improve things quite a bit). i think i got really lucky that the guy even bothered to send me a 2nd chip free of charge.

because of my experience, it is safe to say you messed up the chips, since your experience sounds similar to mine.
              http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Working...
              X