Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with lsd issue!!!! Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with lsd issue!!!! Please help!!!

I was drivin my 318is the other day and went to take off from the stop sign and i heard a loud popping sound and the engine just revved up but the car did not move. Tried to make it go but it would just keep rolling back. Got it towed home today and the drive shaft spins but the tires dont. While in idle the front of the car makes a terrible rattling noise coming from under the engine. I'm thinkin lsd can anyone comfirm that? Any comments on the rattle? and if it is the lsd anyone have one for sale? Like I said its a 91 318is and
    ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!! I need to get this running asap!!! Cant afford to not have my e30 with two jobs and full time college!!!

If the input shaft of the differential spins but the wheels don't the differential as failed.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Sounds like you might have a couple issues if you have noise coming from the front as well. But yes, if your drive line rotates and turns the diff's input shaft, but wont turn the output shafts, your diff is kaput.
      sigpic

Comment

bad diff indeed

Comment

I would expect to see broken spider gears. Same thing happened in my El Camino in High School.
          '89 325i track sloot
          '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

If you are hearing "terrible rattling noise coming from under the engine", maybe your tranny failed. Although it does seem like it would be the diff if your driveshaft is spinning. Can you still go through the gears ok?
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Does the ENTIRE drive shaft spin. Like make sure the guibo is spinning on one end and the input shaft of the diff is spinning on the other.
              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Working...
              X