A/C seems to be way too pressurized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C seems to be way too pressurized

It has been around 4 months since I last went to refill my a/c as I have not really driven the car much. I went to refill the r-134a today and my guage said it was in the warning area. I think it is my guage going bad, as when I plugged th guage in it doesnt do anything untill I add r134a then it says the system is too high. When I stick a screwdriver in the valve nothing come out, which leads me to belive the system has no r134a, and it is just my pressure reader. Tomorow I will buy another reader and try again.

My question is when I get the new reader, if it says the same, what could it be?

TIA

Maybe even tho you turned on your a/c its not really on on. Like the a/c clutch hasnt engaged. Jump out your pressure switch (with high pressure it should be on anyways) and see if it makes a difference. Itll read high if the a/c pump is not actually turning. Or the electric clutch on your a/c pump is no good. Or the circuitry going to the a/c clutch is no good. You get the idea?
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

If the sysytem is indeed empty, must have a leak somewhere. Follow all a/c lines, condensor, compressor, etc. and look for any greasy residue built up. I personally popped my line that runs off the compressor, and goes to the condensor. Ordered a used one in the for sale section here, and it was blown in the same exact spot too! I like my high side to be about 150....
      Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Today I connected it to my guage set and when I connected it nothing happened, although I may have done it wrong. Either way when I plugged my small guage it worked on a few other cars, but when I connected it to the e30 it had no movement until I added refrigerant then it went too high, but it seemed to be resistant to adding refrigerant.

Comment

I also think I should vacuum the system since it hasnt been used in such a while. Does anyone know where the "a/c drain port" is? While I am vacuuming it I need to check the pressure and see if it is negative, correct? Escuse my noobness to A/C systems, please.

-Sami

Comment

Not sure about the "negative" pressure idea... its either zero or there's pressure. I would bring it to an a/c shop, shouldn't cost you more than $100 to have it hooked to a machine and drained then filled. Ask them to fill it with a leak sealer and UV dye. They will then put on yellow UV glasses and use a UV flashlight to look at all the lines and search for the leak (if there is one). If the gauge was in the red, you probably put way too much 134a in. The system is only designed to work with a few pounds (2-3).
            Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
              Not sure about the "negative" pressure idea... its either zero or there's pressure. I would bring it to an a/c shop, shouldn't cost you more than $100 to have it hooked to a machine and drained then filled. Ask them to fill it with a leak sealer and UV dye. They will then put on yellow UV glasses and use a UV flashlight to look at all the lines and search for the leak (if there is one). If the gauge was in the red, you probably put way too much 134a in. The system is only designed to work with a few pounds (2-3).
              Thats the thing, I didnt put any in it, and when I loosen a line nothing comes out, so I assume the lines are empty.

Comment

Your schrader valve is probably faulty and not opening up when you attach the gas.
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                  Your schrader valve is probably faulty and not opening up when you attach the gas.

Wow, not a bad idea. Im going to check that tomorrow.

Comment

Yep so it was the valve. Thanks alot I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X