Keep blowing fuse #14 15amp Low beam headlights keep going out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep blowing fuse #14 15amp Low beam headlights keep going out

Anyone have any ideas on tracking this down. I tested and changed the 15amp #14 fuse and the lights came back on, after I replaced the burned out 75amp fuse right next to #14, (I assume #13).

Both low beams worked fine, as well as high beams and fogs, then after a short drive the fuse blew again. I replaced it and it blew again. One more fuse and it seems to be ok, for now, but I expect it to blow in the morning no doubt.

Any suggestions on wiring diagrams for DIY anywhere. Yes, I have searched.

Or any ideas where this is shorting out? Do i have to pull the whole bumper to gain access to the headlight wiring harness? I cant see any other way to get to the wires.

Any ideas?
    sigpic 1987 325is

Dirty connections at the headlight.
    sigpic

Mike

'91 325i track car. Mostly...

Comment

Alright...

The fuse keeps blowing, but seems now to be related to the fogs being on. I ran this morning without the fogs and the fuse didnt blow. Guess I will see how long it lasts.
      sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

I posted this in your last thread about this problem - Here's a link to an electrical troubleshooting manual for your car http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Disaster, I got the schematic and been working on the problem. Thought I had it fixed but bit me again today.

Thanks though, thats an awesome resource you pointed me to!!
          sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Working...
          X