Accuator's(sp) Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accuator's(sp) Not Working

After a full raining day down here in toronto. Parked my car @ school with it workin i drove to work tryed to lock the doors. the manual lock is workin i didnt hear none of my accutors work. i try the truck same shit. as well as the other door. am guessin water went in somethin (fuse or relay). chked my manual and i didnt see a fuse for the accutors.
    thanx for readin any little info will hep,

thanx.

www.stancefactory.com

bump!

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

this happens to me kind of. My locks dont seem to work well when It gets cold out. I am always afraid to lock the car when its cold out. not good. Dont know what the fix is or could be. goodluck. bump
      90 325is
      IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Mine seem to have started to work better in the cold, minus the drivers door, passenger door controls everything but the drivers door only locks stuff sometimes not opens.

Anyway have you tried spraying the wire cluster with electrical cleaner?

Sold it.

Comment

i dont think its the wires. i think its a relay or a fuse cause none of the door locks works i have to lock all of them manually includin the truck luck.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

FCK FCK FCK FCK this shit its has buggle my mind for some time now. i cant figure out wat is wrong. any suggestion?

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

sbump :(

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

The fuse for the CLCU is #27, but since it control other things as well it's probably not it.

The actuators are powered by the central locking control unit, located behind the driver front speaker and kick panel. Sounds like it may need replacement.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                  The fuse for the CLCU is #27, but since it control other things as well it's probably not it.

The actuators are powered by the central locking control unit, located behind the driver front speaker and kick panel. Sounds like it may need replacement.
                  how does the central lockin control unit look lke? my car is a 84 which didnt come with central lockin. i belive they started makin central lockin in late 84/85.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

If you have factory actuators, you should have central locking. The control unit is a ractangular black box mounted onto a metal bracket. There should be a small dimmer relay next to it.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                    '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                    Strictly Eta

Comment

Jst thought ill update u guys. after months puttin this as sidem, decided to fix it today Spend my whole sunday Diagnosin wat was wrong with my locks. traced it down to the computer that controls it. and since the junkyard was closed decided to take the computer apart. replaced 2 transistors and a capcitor on the computer board and its now workin :)

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Working...
                      X