wtf.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf.....

okay so yesterday i was driving to work when it started to run like it had a bad vaccum leak. under acceleration it felt powerless and felt/sounded like it was running on two cylinders. then when i pull over it idles like hell for a minute, dies, and i cant get it restarted. now ive done some tests, im not getting injector pulse... but i have fuel and spark... anyone have any ideas? local shop says it could be the DME....
    Originally posted by kronus
    pff, all of you are slow as hell anyway. Eta > all

If this is an 88 or later, the cause could be a roblem with the C191 connector under the intake manifold. A leak from the throttle body heater can result in corrosion within that connector, which can cause the injectors not to get power or not to fire. This could also be caused by a bad main relay or a bad DME. Check C191 first. You'll want to peel back the boots to check the back side of the connector pins.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i think that might be the same problem im having anyone else

Comment

its an 86, do i even have that connector? where is the main relay?

Comment

If its an 86, you do not have that connector, relay should be on the driver side inner wheel well. Should be a little black cover over 3 relays.
          sigpic

Comment

cool, which one is it? also does the distributor act as the cam position sensor as well? shop said that could be it... replaced the DME and crank sensors, still no spark or injector pulse

Comment

anyone?

Comment

No spark, fuel pump operation, or injector firing on an 86 will be:

No timing data to the DME (bad timing reference sensor or wiring)
                No power or Start signal to the DME
                Bad DME
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
                X