Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steering column vibration in high mileage 325is what to replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering column vibration in high mileage 325is what to replace?

i just got a 325is with a ton of miles (224,000) during hard braking it feels like my steering column has a little vibration not up and down but front to back and it ticks whenever it moves. i know theirs bushings in there. i was woindering if anyone has had this problem and what to fix it. it also shakes back and forth a little but i'm thinking thats just the rotors. thanks for the help

At that mileage anything, or everything, in the front suspension could be worn and need replacement. Inspect the suspension and replace all of the worn parts.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Its actually just has a little play in the steering wheel. Since the rotors are junk the steering wheel shakes and the lil bit of play makes a lil tick. Your right it could be anythng.

Comment

It could be a number of things under there

1. Steering rack
        2. Bushings
        3. Alignment
        4. Wheel balancing
        5. Bent wheel
        6. Sway bar+end links

And I know there's a lot more to the front suspension and the experts can probably chime in for you but from personal experience this where I would begin, not necessarily in that order though.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Does anyone make a poly urethane bushing kit? My bro bought one from eibach for his camaro a couple years ago. It was a full kit with all the bushings that were in the front end and for the transmission mount.

Comment

I think you may want to look at AKG or Ireland Engi...
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

replace your front brake rotors and it should be gone. if that doesnt fix it it is prob. the control arm bushings or the balljoints in the contol arms- you need to get under there with it jacked up and see if any suspension stuff is worn out or not

Comment

Working...
              X