My car jerks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car jerks

My car jerks every time the gas is lifeted form completely and then jerks again when you press teh gas. no matter how lightly you do either of these there is still a fairly violent jerk, what causes this? thanks

Russell
    1987 325is
    1992 240sx coupe
    1994 525i

you have a f'ed up throttle. check the throttle body to make sure its all clear
    either that or bad fuel injectors.

Comment

Is it mostly a low RPM thing?

Comment

it gets less as you go up in geat 1st is unbearable 2nd is rough 3rd is noticeable 4th is tolerable 5th its ok

Russell
        1987 325is
        1992 240sx coupe
        1994 525i

Comment

Could be anything from slack in the throttle cable to AFM problems to drivetrain problems.

Can you elaborate a little more on the problem, such as accompanying "clunks" or "thuds"?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Did you or the PO put in a lightened flywheel?...

Comment

i have the same thing, just to a lesser degree. used to only happen in first. now its very noticeable in 2nd also.

Comment

i thought all manual cars did this if u tapped on the gas in low rpms, but i dont know much.

Comment

is it worse with AC on? ..rear subframe bushings

Comment

mine is a ton more worse when the ac is on... whats that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
                      I'm sorry but I'm here wondering, how does the AC affect rear subframe bushings?
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
                        Originally posted by Bryson
                        I'm sorry but I'm here wondering, how does the AC affect rear subframe bushings?
                        yeah not connected at all
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

could it be bad flex disc's? or driveline center support....id check them.
                          '91 318is

Comment

not suspension might be AFM..... its like the afm doesnt compensate for the closeing of the TB, i should be replacing both soon ill let you know how that works. (replacesing withe big TB and MAF) :twisted:

Russell
                            1987 325is
                            1992 240sx coupe
                            1994 525i

Comment

Hey, what did you ever find out was the problem? My car jerks real bad, too. I replaced the flex disc, center support bearing, and springs and struts. The car doesnt do it as bad now, but still does it.

Could I have bad halfshafts, causing alot of play in the drivetrain?

Comment

Working...
                              X