short shifter selector rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running an e36 m3 shift lever and it sits a bit too far forward for me. Is there a shorter selector rod that will bring the lever back a bit?

Here's what Im talking about

*temporary shift knob*

neutral:

3rd sits too close to the console for me:

4th should be where neutral is:

Bend shifter as needed

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yert315 - You could just bend the linkage not to much though that it might Kink / Flatten the Tubing. Just make a Large Ark Type of Bend. This will shorten the overall length of the rod. Note make it Bow Upward though. Down will make it to close to the Flex Coupling some have had to do this for clearance when they install a Short Shifter. Note look at your clearances and make your own judgement of where to make the bend before removing it. An 1/8'' shorter linkage makes about 1'' difference at the top of the Shift Knob Location. GL

Comment

before you go bending things, try turning the shifter around like a full 180 degree turn. I had this problem with a different shifter and all I had to do was turn it around and it brought it back to where it should be. If that doesn't work then go about bending the shifter.
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

e30_fiend: I did this when I first installed it thinking i Had it in backwards, but it wasn't. When I turned it, it was worse!

Thanks for the help. I always knew about the bent rod, but I didn't think it made it shorter. I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Working...
          X