Door adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door adjustments

Sorry...I searched for 10 minutes and decided to give up seeing how it's nearly 5 am and all. I'm getting a lot of road noise from the driver side door above the tweeter along that edge. The weather stripping is in perfect condition which only leaves the door to be slightly off kilter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

If the door is off, you will be able to see the panel gap from the ouside of the car. For it to pull away from the seal, it would have to be a long way out of alignment. Is the gasket around the mirror still in good shape? If its gone, there will be a bunch of noise.

If you really have to adjust the door, its all in the hinges. That is rarely an issue, though, unless the car was in an accident or the door was pulled at some point.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
      If the door is off, you will be able to see the panel gap from the ouside of the car. For it to pull away from the seal, it would have to be a long way out of alignment. Is the gasket around the mirror still in good shape? If its gone, there will be a bunch of noise.

If you really have to adjust the door, its all in the hinges. That is rarely an issue, though, unless the car was in an accident or the door was pulled at some point.
      Exactly, and always pull the hinges apart, much easier to deal with than unbolting the door from the hinges and re-aligning it.
      '89 325i track sloot
      '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Working...
      X