No announcement yet.

***WHY DOES MY GAS GAUGE NEEDLE BOUNCE AROUND***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reserve light is independent of the fuel sending unit.

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert
      Before you spend un-needed dollars on a sender and do the swap only to find the problem is still there. Check your grounds and wiring all the way through if possible. Sounds like you are grouding a wire that feeds the gas guage and that send the guage towards either full or empty. Under hard accelleration there is a shift of movement in cabling and potentially that is where the wire is grounding or not making a good contact.

These are the toughest of electrical problems to troubleshoot. but I bet changing the sensor does not fix it so see if it can be returned when you purchase it.
      You're right tne sender was'nt bad. But he store took it back so its cool. I'm gonna check th ewires when i get a chance.

ABE

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
        The Reserve light is independent of the fuel sending unit.

Aaron
        So regardless of what the fuel guage says... the "low fuel" light will come on when you have 3 gallons left?

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

theres an acces hatch to the fuel pump/fuel level sender, there in one cylinder with 2 hoses going to it and 2 lpugs, pull those off and screw it out and you can see if you sender is jaming up and its just another 2 bolts to pull it off and replace. good luck and happy hunting.

Comment

Working...
          X