rear subframe stuff, what else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear subframe stuff, what else?

what else do i need for my rear suspension tidy up?

rear trailing arm bushings , Stock are fine? e30 m3 any better? fit?
    subframe bushings, stock are fine here too i assume?
    sway bar end links..
    what else should i go with?
    diff mount bushing? does this need to be pressed in or out like the front CAB's?

what little bits and pieces do i need to remember too?

thanks a bunch.

(rotors, pads, and springs/ shocks have all been done)

What suspension do you have? What's the car going to be used for? OEM works fine, but a lot of that stuff can be upgraded easily. If the car is lowered at all you might consider getting the adjustable trailing arm brackets welded in

Comment

E30 M3 RTABs raise the trailing arms to recover a small amount of camber on lowered cars. I'm not sure by how much, but the bushings themselves are fairly inexpensive. Up to you.

Stock subframe bushings are fine.

Diff mount bushing needs to be pressed in and out like the front CABs, except the diff cover is cast aluminum and can't take as much of a beating as front lollipops.

If you haven't done the rear inner brake softlines, now would be a great time to replace them.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

so soft lines too?, maybe i should wait until i do the MC.

bil sports and HR sports for the cabrio, daily driver, roads here are shit, quite spirited driving though.. might see the track one day.

what do you think as far as bushings go? stock new rubber probably best?

i just ordered new tires, so i dont want the horrible uneven camber wear like i have on one side now to return.

plus in turns and hard acceleration i feel like the back has a somewhat independent steering mechanism

i dont really want to mess with keeping up on the alignment with the eccentric weld on tabs, nor do i want to buy a welder right now.

Comment

Im refreshing my rear end. Im replacing subframe and trailing arm bushings, replacing soft lines and hard lines. New ebrake cables, new compete ebrake setup w/ new backing plates, new wheel bearings, new hardware like axle nuts ect.., rebuilding the calipers, finally putting the sensors in and gonna top it off with fresh paint lol. Also i went with 75d for subframe and trailing arm bushings. I already have some bil sports in the rear with some drop springs not sure exactly what they are as they were installed by the very first owner they are rusted to shit but gonna replace them too soon with probably some h&r

Comment

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
            so soft lines too?, maybe i should wait until i do the MC.

bil sports and HR sports for the cabrio, daily driver, roads here are shit, quite spirited driving though.. might see the track one day.

what do you think as far as bushings go? stock new rubber probably best?

i just ordered new tires, so i dont want the horrible uneven camber wear like i have on one side now to return.

plus in turns and hard acceleration i feel like the back has a somewhat independent steering mechanism

i dont really want to mess with keeping up on the alignment with the eccentric weld on tabs, nor do i want to buy a welder right now.
            Sounds like stock will be fine for you. The best upgrade would be AKG in my opinion. If you really want even tire wear, there are offset trailing arm bushings available (OEM or Aftermarket), but you said you don't want to deal with alignments...

H&R sports aren't that low, your camber won't be that bad. Get stock bushings and have fun :D

Comment

If you can afford it, weld-in toe/camber correction. Expensive but worth it.
              "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

^^^^^^^ +1 I did this a few months ago and was worth every penny, cuts, and swear words!

Comment

totaly worth the money!! i got rear subfram bushing n diff bushing also

Comment

Working...
                  X