Wierd engine issue while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd engine issue while driving

Today I had a really wierd issue. I was driving along and was about to enter a tunnel so I turned on my headlights (HIDs) and my engine backfired and the check engine light came on. I was in 2nd gear around 2.2k rpms. I have no idea why or how this would happen. But I continue through the tunnel fine (check engine light went off when I shifted/revd)

When I got out of the tunnel i turned them off, then back on and it did the same thing. After I parked and let it sit for a few hours I drove it 50 miles home and it did not do it anymore. But half way home my low beam check light came on. I am thinking this is a wiring gremlin but who knows.

Any ideas where I should start to diagnose this? The engine stumble is really what concerns me.
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

bump, did it again today.

definitely feels like the surge in power draw makes the car nearly shut-off.

any ideas?
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Working...
    X