Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wants to start but doesn't (Fuel Problem?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wants to start but doesn't (Fuel Problem?)

So just recently purchased a 318is. The PO said that the motor was swapped with a m20b25 and the only thing it needs is a new fuel pump. either he gave me a new pump and installed and was still leaking so ended up fixing leak and now that everything is back to the way it is. I try and crank the car over and it wants to start and actually does start sometimes but then dies immediatly after. I'm not sure what to diagnose from here because I know its getting a spark, maybe its not getting enough fuel? i haven't attached a pressure gauge to it yet due to the way this engine was ghettorigged but i'm just just baffled at what to do next.
    it obviously is getting fuel and it wants to start but when it actually does start it just dies. any info or ideas on what it could possibly be, please chime me in.

So it has started, why not tidy the known bad areas and you should have solved your issues.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

it is tidy.
      there are no fuel leaks anymore then previous and all i was expected to have happen is me to start my car and drive off happy.
      instead i'm in a huge mess right now not sure where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fcknslo View Post
        i haven't attached a pressure gauge to it yet due to the way this engine was ghettorigged but i'm just just baffled at what to do next.
        Then this is in the past correct? Check the fuel pressure, ensue you have adequate grounds and spark and so on, the the rest is pure magic.

Seriously though you had it running so you pretty much know what your looking for. What is missing is the question.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

check your cps
          -Andy

Comment

The first action would be to check the fuel pressure at the rail. If within spec, the fuel system isn't the problem and you need to look for other causes (like intake leaks).
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

if it were my cps wouldn't it not crank? just out of curiousity?

Comment

No,it would crank but you would be getting no spark.

My Build

Comment

Working...
                X