Brakes Won't Lockup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes Won't Lockup?

Ok since the m30 swap I've noticed the Brakes will not Lock up, no matter how hard I push. When I first put the m30 in I installed the check valve backwards and there was no power boost. That has been fixed so there is power boost but they just won't lock up. I don't realy need to lock up but they are doing a very poor job at stopping suddenly from 60 mph or above. The pedal feel is consitent and is engaging up high. Master cylinder going out? Or what? I'm going to upgrade to a 750 master cylinder and 4-piston calipers realy soon but want to make sure the problem isn't something else.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Re: Brakes Won't Lockup?

Originally posted by rs4pro3
    Ok since the m30 swap I've noticed the Brakes will not Lock up, no matter how hard I push. When I first put the m30 in I installed the check valve backwards and there was no power boost. That has been fixed so there is power boost but they just won't lock up. I don't realy need to lock up but they are doing a very poor job at stopping suddenly from 60 mph or above. The pedal feel is consitent and is engaging up high. Master cylinder going out? Or what? I'm going to upgrade to a 750 master cylinder and 4-piston calipers realy soon but want to make sure the problem isn't something else.
    usually the symptom of a bad master cylinder is the pedal going to the floor wit really really dangerous stopping lengths, i'm not sure what your problem is, but was just trying to eliminate some things, good luck.

Comment

Ya that's what my 318i did when the master failed, this problem just dosn't make since.

Comment

you could have air in your lines? however i think that might cause it to be a little spugy, but its ony like 5 bucks for a bottle of brake fluid, try bleeding your brakes.

Comment

If you removed the M/C at anytime during your motor swap, make sure you adjust the brake pedal linkage. I have a similar problem on a new 25mm M/C I just installed and it appears to be purely a matter of setting up the freeplay properly and a bit of bleeding.

Comment

Brakes have been bled twice since the swap, and I haven't touched the master cylinder at all.

Comment

what car is it, dose it have ABS? The ABS in the e30's are getting old now and are makin mistakes. In australia most e30's have abs and im having problems with mine now. Nothing like your having tho.
              BBBEEEEMMMMAAAA

Comment

Yes it has ABS but it hasn't operated for the 3 years I've had the car.

Comment

Working...
                X