e36 seems to hold back..ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 seems to hold back..ideas?

hi all at the moment i'm driving a 94 325 i se the problem i got with it is when cold or warm it seems to hold back between 2-4000 rpm but then clears
    its had new plugs oil+filter ,fuel filter,air filter and reads fine on our emissions test machine and have checked exhaust for leaks or blockages
    have any of you got an idea what may be causing this??
    also had injectors cleaned and checked and all are fine
    wanna get this sorted cos it ruins the otherwise good drive
    thanks in advance
    sigpic

e30 rallying for fun
    sideways is the way forward

Things I would look at that are easy and cheap: See if rubber throttle body is cracked, check out the o2 sensors, and check the connection to the flow meter.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

i did check the rubber intake pipe and all connection that i could see and they all seem fine
      if the o2 sensor was playing up would it not mess the emissions?
      sigpic

e30 rallying for fun

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake View Post
        i did check the rubber intake pipe and all connection that i could see and they all seem fine
        if the o2 sensor was playing up would it not mess the emissions?

Not necessarily, you can have a weird idle and still burn clean due to your cats working well. How old is the o2 sensor?
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

i'm not sure how old the sensor is i only had the car about two weeks one of the reasons i had the emissions checked is it is due its mot next month
          (annual ministry of transport vehical check) and would need to pass the emissions as part of the test
          may just get a sensor anyway as it could probably improve things
          also have been told there is a possibility of some sort of voltage drop at the coils??? and this could cause probs under certain loads of accelaration but that is getting too electrical for me
          would that show on a code reader if mine has the connections for one??
          sigpic

e30 rallying for fun

Comment

Working...
          X