Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How wide is my sunroof supposed to open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wide is my sunroof supposed to open?

I just got my car and it has a crank sunroof. The crank is kind of broken off, but you can hold it up in the right spot and it seems to work a little and the sunroof pops open. My question is: how big is the sunroof supposed to open? I can't find a picture anywhere of an e30 sunroof in full open position. Right now mine only pops up, it doesn't slide back out of the way at all. Is that all it's supposed to do? A picture of a fully open sunroof would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

heres the pics that you wanted

Closed

Popped up

Full open
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Thanks Scott! This is just what i was looking for. It's extremely cool of you if you took those pics just for me.

I think mine will only pop up right now. When I crank the window open it pops up but then it seems to stop. (Like I said my crank is broken so its hard to tell what it's supposed to do.) Does the window pop up, and then as you continue to crank, go under inside the roof? Or do I crank it the other way or something to make it open fully?

Comment

Dude, you have to crank it the other way for it to open...
        [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

same way you crank to close it from popped up, keep going and it should open. popped up is the end of the line in that direction
          I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Ok, got it. Thanks guys. All I need is a new crank now. I'm glad it's meant to open all the way, I was kind of bummed thinking it only popped up.

Comment

Working...
            X