What is this wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this wire?

On the accessory wiring harness coming from the fusebox that has your headlight wires, foglight wires, washer wiring, etc., when you get to the connector for the power to the washer system which is a purple power and a brown ground, bundles with it is a black with white stripped wire that goes to a little one pin connector. What the hell does this wire do?

Hopefully this was better of a description.
    If not I can take a picture tomorrow.
    I tried tracing the black with white striped wire back to the fusebox but it doesn't go all the way.

Did you check the wiring diagram for that color combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Did you check the wiring diagram for that color combo?
      I don't know if I read this right, but it looks like it controls the wiper motor. It seems like that's the only Black/White wire. Is that right?

Comment

The only one on that chart. There could be others on other charts.

I was thinking about my old 1985 318i and when I pulled everything. Thinking in that vein, it isn't to the A/C switch, or anything else down there? Everything else is accounted for?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          The only one on that chart. There could be others on other charts.

I was thinking about my old 1985 318i and when I pulled everything. Thinking in that vein, it isn't to the A/C switch, or anything else down there? Everything else is accounted for?
          I was doing a ton of electrical work today and I thought I had everything accounted for on that side, but I may have missed something, I'll check tomorrow in daylight.

Comment

Found a really old picture! It looks like it connects to two blue wires wires with black stripes. Anybody got a clue? I checked both my m10 and m30 wiring engine wiring harnesses too and didn't see two blue wired with a square connector at the end.
            Last edited by Japandrew73; 02-23-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

unplug it and run car i suppose. Im guessing AC or radiator stuff

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                X