what battery to put in my car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what battery to put in my car??

I have a 1991 320i convertible with the original battery and either the battery or starter has gone out.

So I figured it's time to replace the batter regardless, but I went to Canadian Tire on my way to the gf's and they have no record on file on a recommended battery for my car(i told them 325i as it's more standard for looking up parts).

So what is a good battery to run. Car has a m20.
    http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Take the battery in to get tested before you go replacing it. Does anything else in the car work? Is the starter making no noise or just a clicking?

Comment

there's minimal power going to other components. when the car is in ON, my dashboard lights barely light up, and as soon as I depress the break they go out because all the power is going to the brake lights. windows just crawl as well. the starter will intermittently make a noise when trying to start the car.

Comment

there is no way an original battery is still good! go ahead and change it.

if you only drive in the summer like me, you can opt for a lighterweight motorcycle battery. mine weighs about 18lbs which is at least 30lbs less than the original monster battery which is way oversized.
        90 E30 325i

Comment

i drive year round, doesnt get too cold on the west coast

Comment

I'm using an ACDelco battery in my 325i, I can give you a part # tomorrow
            Originally posted by audiquattrot
            bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
            1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
            2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
            1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
            2006 CBR600RR

Comment

It's only oversized until you need the extra capacity. Your first mistake was going to Cambodian Tire and asking one of the fucking useless retards who work there for advice on anything. That place has the least knowledgeable employees anywhere. I think burger flippers at mcdonalds probably have twice the training those lackeys do.

That said I can't remember off the top of my head what the code is for a battery that fits our stock battery hold downs. In all honesty you have alot more options than the stock shape too you just may have to be creative with your hold down. I personally don't even have a hold down atm. (Gotta get that fixed before auto-x season lol).

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

fellow islander!

i got my new battery at lordco, its an AC delco battery that is identical to oem in size and shape. It wasnt cheap though. mine was like $190. they had one in stock too! so i didnt even have to wait, just go in and tell them what car its for and they will get you the right one.
                Last edited by MattM; 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM.

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

For my battery, (85 325e) it was a 691MF. PO had a 641MF. the one I got from Autozone doesnt look like it fits in the tray correctly at all....like its way too small.
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Picked up myself up an AC Delco battery today from Lordco for $130 and she runs like a champ now!

Comment

I hope that was $130 Canadian

I paid $75 USD for mine. Most batteries are really the same.
                      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

double A energizers should do the trick
                        [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                        Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Optima or nothing.

Comment

batts

Just bought one last week for my 90i......Duralast 48 DL....exact fit....trunk mount...$95

95 bucks and it last at least 5-6 yrs....how much is a molson?....5 bucks?......last 5 min?.....

The batt is a steal.....
                            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                              Optima or nothing.
                              This....................
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                              X