87 bmw 325 barometric pressure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 bmw 325 barometric pressure sensor

i have a87 bmw 325 i recently purchased and was told the barometric pressure sensor is bad how would i know if it is and if it is how to replace and any other things it might effect that might need replaced thanks for the help

Your car doesn't have a barometric pressure sensor, or MAP sensor. You have an airflow meter (AFM). If it's bad, unplug the AFM, unclip the top half of the airbox and loosen the big hose clamp holding the intake boot to the AFM. Remove the four nuts inside the top half of the airbox and the AFM will come out. Installation is, as always, reverse of removal.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Actually, some e30s do have a barometric pressure sensor. It is a small module mounted to the side of the airbox on some of the earlier cars. I've tried unplugging it and everything else to try to figure out what it does, but nothing changed. I wouldn't worry about it at all. That is, assuming that you are talking about the same thing I'm thinking of, heh.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

YES that's what I'm talking0 about I K what it does just didn't know how to tell if it was bad or not some things say could make the car idle rough or mpg drop

Comment

What? I've never seen one. Part number or pics?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

they are on early cars, look in your bentley at the jetronic/ motronic fuel system diagrams.

Your idle is most like a combination of other things. mostly tune-up stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X