Finding the right tire pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding the right tire pressure

How can I check or find out what the recommended psi is on my tires? On the tires they say max 51 psi...but I know thats not really what they should be inflated to.

I have dunlop direzza dz101 205/55/r15

I just filled them up to 32psi (COLD)

this a good idea? or maybe i should go to 34/35/36?
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

What it says on the driver's side doorjam is what you are supposed to inflate your tires to. That said if you're tracking or autocrossing you can draw chalk lines on your tires to see how much rollover you're getting and fine tune your pressures from there.

I have a feeling you're just thinking of street driving though right?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

the doorjam is the recommended size for 195/65 tires...i have 205/55

yeah, just street driving, but i commute over a 100miles a day im trying to increase my mpg
      Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
        the doorjam is the recommended size for 195/65 tires...i have 205/55

yeah, just street driving, but i commute over a 100miles a day im trying to increase my mpg
        The pressures on the door jamb will still be appropriate for street driving, even though you have different tires. If you want to increase mileage, you want an all season 195/65 tire and run them a couple of psi higher than normal.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X