Stumble issue frequently when I first press the pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumble issue frequently when I first press the pedal

Having a weird issue where if I give my m20 gas, often it will stumble before it revs, sometimes it will nearly stall out. Any ideas? where can I start to hunt this issue down?

Also, it seems to be more stumbly if i just tap the gas real quick and light

I am thinking because I have a tear in my evap solenoid that it may be the cause
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

i had this problem, went away when i replaced my torn intake boot.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I have this exact same issue, when I really lightly blip the accel.
      I posted it a while ago I'll see if I can find the thread, there were some good responses I believe. I havn't fixed it, i'll be seeing my mechanic on Wednesday so i'll see what he says.
      Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
      I <3 dead naked girls.

Comment

The most likely cause of this is intake leaks.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

damn intake leaks!
          Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

I have a similar problem and i have always heard intake leaks were the culprit. I want to run a smoke test but I don't really have any equipment for that, and haven't found a good cheat for it either. I've been thinking about just using plain air instead of smoke and using a piece of hose as a stethoscope.

Comment

Working...
            X