what year did EWS start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what year did EWS start?

looking to get an m50 from a 92/93 325 for a swap and was wondering when did ews start? or do these cars have it?

Don't know but you can save yourself some trouble by getting an M50 from an E34. BTW my '92 525i does not have EWS.
    sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure it's '95.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
        Don't know but you can save yourself some trouble by getting an M50 from an E34. BTW my '92 525i does not have EWS.
        i thought about that, but i found a complete e36 car (engine, wiring, trans, shaft, etc) for dirt cheap, so im going that route .

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          They're a little bit harder to come by then the E36. Only benefit is to it though is having the proper oil pan.
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
            They're a little bit harder to come by then the E36. Only benefit is to it though is having the proper oil pan.
            I think most E36 engines are beat up on more than one from an E34.
            sigpic

Comment

If it is a complete car, why would you care? Just use the EWS crap.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Run a red label 413 or a silver label with an early chip and clip the EWS sensor wire. Bingo, running EWS swap.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Working...
                X