Sunroof crank install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof crank install

I'm having a helluva time trying to install a new sunroof crank in my car. I have the old broken one out and thought the new one would just press into place. I got to the point where I had a block on it and was trying to hammer it in. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to go too crazy in case I am wrong and break the new crank.

Also, these two little gearish things with only one tooth fell out. They were on the shaft thing that the crank is supposed to fit around. I could only find one and was scouring my car for the other one. I'm going to look again tomorrow in the light, but does anyone know if I can buy that piece anywhere if I can't find it?

Thanks!

Finally got the thing in place. Gave it two cranks and it crumbled apart. I think it must have been a faulty piece so I'm getting it exchanged for a new one. Seems like, if it won't just go on nice, you might need to use a very small file to open up the hole a little on the crank itself.

We'll see what happens with the new one.

Comment

unscrew the white piece the crank goes in to. the crank goes into this and is held in place by a snap ring.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
      X