Headliner "insulation/foam" part number?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jean
    replied
    Nla last I checked :( I ended up pulling one from a parts car, took a few tries to get a nice clean one.

    Leave a comment:


  • mattdk318i
    replied
    how did this end up jean? i found a glass moonroof and factory black headliner in the junkyard the other day. But the yellow foam is crap. I already pulled most of it down and need to find the part number.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Well, damnit, 517 came back as NLA

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    blunt

    Leave a comment:


  • Frog
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    I ordered 54 12 1 924 517 among others :)
    Where did you order it?

    Leave a comment:


  • tangkenboo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    I'll give you call dude
    sweet.

    Leave a comment:


  • truekid
    replied
    not to thread hijack, but do you know of any place that sells aftermarket headliners. I didnt have one when I bought the car, and the parts car I have, its headliner is already ripped.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I'll give you call dude

    Leave a comment:


  • tangkenboo2
    replied
    when are u gonna tackle this jean?! i'd like to stop by and learn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I ordered 54 12 1 924 517 among others :)

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    Yes I'm sort of uncertain. The heat is one concern, the weight possibly another, though this is probably not very heavy stuff. On the other hand, the original foam is mostly there for cosmetic purposes and if it can't be found, alternatives must be found.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Would probably be good for inside the doors and rear panels, but maybe not so much on the roof? I don't really want to add lots of weight or reduce the noise, it's just the one on the car was in crappy condition so I ripped it out etc. I think i'll just go with a stock replacement so that everything fits correctly

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    I was thinking about using stuff from the Second Skin guys. Their sprayable/sludge products look potentially interesting, though I'd ask them before using on the roof of a car in CA. If one were to spray the WHOLE sheetmetal interior of the car enough to get a significant thickness, I'd say that the improvement should be massive.
    Link for reference: http://www.secondskinaudio.com/sound...r/spectrum.php .

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Good point, might be just for solid roof cars. I will need 51481906381 382 for sure though..the old stuff is garbage.

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    I wonder if that's for the solid roof cars? 5 and 6 would be cool, they're the foam pads that the old cars have, I think...

    Leave a comment:

Working...