Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake guard came loose

Hey guys!

So what I guess is a brake guard came loose on the front left wheel (piece directly behind the disc). How do I remove that sucker? It isn't totally obvious and I am somewhat oblivious.

Cheers!

Originally posted by ipunchfish View Post
    Hey guys!

So what I guess is a brake guard came loose on the front left wheel (piece directly behind the disc). How do I remove that sucker? It isn't totally obvious and I am somewhat oblivious.

Cheers!
    You want to remove it or tighten it back up?
    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

I would like to tighten it back up.

Comment

If I remember right the disc needs to come off and there's two bolts or nuts holding it on. Look on realoem

Comment

There are 3 (10mm I think) bolts that hold it on. You might need to take the disc off/ buy more bolts if they are missing, but you also might be able to get an open ended wrench in there behind the disc. If you want to remove it completely I think you might have to take the hub/wheel bearing out. (not entirely sure on the last one)
          1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

If you are going to remove it, take the disc off, unbolt what is left of the cover. Then cut off the cover as it won't fit over the bearing/hub.
            89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
            E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

So it being loose is an indication that its toast?

Comment

Not necessary, though it could that the backing plate has rusted out. Pull the wheel and rotor and have a look. If the only problem is loose or missing bolts, that is easy to fix.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Awesome. Thanks! :D

Comment

Working...
                  X