fuse shorted out in 91 325i vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse shorted out in 91 325i vert

I had mistakenly hooked the jumper cables incorrectly on my car. Right afterwards i jumped it correctly, and it ran, but when i removed the cables it instantly died. After i did this again, I thought it could now be a dead alternator, so i went to remove the battery cables from the battery and when i puched on the positive cable, it made a clicking sound as if all the electronics had gone on, and when i shifted it again it would go off. After a couple times of this.. the car completely died and now i am here wonder about which fuse ( or fusible links ) i may have blown. Wondering if anyone has any insight or a good website with a diagram or write up to fix my problem or something similar. thanks

Sounds like your alt is bad and so is your battery. Charge the battery or get a new one and then once the car is running test the alt to see if it is charging properly. The car will run only so long off of battery power alone and the battery needs to be 12.5 volts + to make the car run right!
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Yeah the battery is actually a new one. Not only did one of my fuses blow but something is also pulling power from it when the car isn't in use because it gets drained. But my number one problem right now is the fusible link so i can at least turn the car on and start it / drive. anyone know the location of the fusible links?? i've done some reading but im more of a visual learner, so saying " the wire running alone the rear engine compartment .. . . " ect does not work well for me. thanks for any help
      Last edited by charkid; 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X