X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two questions!

Hello everyone here...:D

The car is a 1985 M10 manual.

I.For sometime now,I ve noticed that my clutch pedal is moving somehow when I let off the throttle in third or forth gear.My engine and gearbox mounts are all ok,but it still feels like something makes the pedal move.
    What s that? Do I need to take care of this?

II.Again for the past six months I ve noticed that there s somewhat loud cracking noises coming from the back like something in the back is wooden and about to break (lol I m not too good at describing noises,I know!).This happens if for example I do parallel parking but with a rear wheel on the pavement.(which I hate and never do btw).
    I know that E30s are not so rigid compared to newer cars but still the noise is louder than it used to be.I think it comes for the rear doors hinges.Using some WD40 makes the noise softer in a way...

N.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

LOL Noone has ever experienced these ones?
    N.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

How do you notice the clutch, do you ride with your foot on it? How hard are you rolling off the throttle?

As far as the creaking, how is your suspension setup? Stock? Original trailing arm and subframe bushings? Rear shock mounts?
      sigpic

Comment

No,I dont do it all the time.Just noticed that by chance.But it still does it...
        Changed the Input cylinder clutch flanges and somehow I feel it less now.

As far the creaking I m still not sure.
        Suspension is Bilteins Sports and HR springs.
        Subframe bushing are new (less than 600m old),
        rear shock mounts the same age.

Any suggestions?

N.

Comment

Maybe the door hinges ? Even though its kinda loud sometimes...
          N.

Comment

Working...
          X