How to aim headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to aim headlights?

What is the proper procedure for aiming headlights? (Highs and Lows) I think that you want your car like 25ft back from a flat wall (garage door), but I can't remember where to aim them.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

hey to adjust your headlights, refer to a bently manual and it explains how you can do it with your car facing a wall. but honeustly your better off taking it to a shop to have them adjust it.

being a mechanic myself, we only charge $24.95 canadian to do it. and we use a system we bought for a company called otc, involves a bunch of mirrors and such. makes it really easy and qucik to adjust properly, after doing it on my car what a differnce.

thats my advice.
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Yeah, I had a shop do it the last time and they charged me a full hour of labor for it, which was $65 US. I have a Bentley... shoulda looked there first.

Comment

owch man, move up to canada...we got cheap everything, even our dollar is doing good LOL :)
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz
          owch man, move up to canada...we got cheap everything, even our dollar is doing good LOL :)
          heh canada for me is only 3 hours away or alteast your house that is Cam. :D

Comment

to aline your headlights??? $65??? all u gota do is adjust some screws on the back of the lights! why in gods name would u pay someone to do it for you?
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37
              to aline your headlights??? $65??? all u gota do is adjust some screws on the back of the lights! why in gods name would u pay someone to do it for you?

Comment

If I would have known it would have been $65 I would have done it myself, I thought it would be about $30 or so for the labor.

Comment

Working...
                X