Gas guage/Instrument cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas guage/Instrument cluster

So I've searched the many threads on guages, however I couldn't come to a conclusion. The only gauges that work are temp and speedometer, I could care less if tachometer works, shifting using the engine sound isn't hard, however I really need my gas gauge to work, it is constantly stuck on full, I took the cluster out, and the gas guage has a resistance when i move the needle manually unlike the other needles. Could this be a bad ground or the gas sensor going bad?

bump, i'll be taking the cluster out today so i'm going to try and figure out where the ground is located.

Comment

Try tightening the brass nut(s) on the back of the cluster. Should fix your fuel gauge.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks, I will check that out today, let you know if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          Try tightening the brass nut(s) on the back of the cluster. Should fix your fuel gauge.
          This worked, thanks! It sits just above half way now so I will see if that's correct, It's hard to keep track of how much gas i've used or put in recently, Is there a way to see into the fuel tank?

Comment

Yes, remove the rear seat. That's where the sender's drop into the tank.

If it was me, I'd just fill it up and see how it is.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              Yes, remove the rear seat. That's where the sender's drop into the tank.

If it was me, I'd just fill it up and see how it is.
              I would but the tag just expired :down: Should have it back on the road in a week so i'll find out how accurate it is then, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X