what tool for valve adjustment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what tool for valve adjustment??

I was reading the pelican article and it said some weird tool I've never heard of. Any idea what I can use to measure the gap? Or how much it should cost

Feeler Gauge. Get one that's angled as it'll make life much easier during the adjustment. I forgot what size the nut is, but it's a common one. And if you have a small allen key, you can use that to adjust the eccentric.

http://www.amazon.com/Tools-163-Valv.../dp/B0002SQXRO
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Thanks man. Any auto shop should have this right?

Comment

Auto part store I mean not shop lol

Comment

yeah, grab the drillbit that is a tiny step smaller than 1/8" too, and a momentary contact pushbutton switch.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Just put in new wp and timing belt and now the tensioner spring and pin won't fit. Did everything by the books and I need to know will it work without it? What's its purpose it doesn't even seem like it does anything but everything is def on right

Comment

you need the spring and tensioner on.
              1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
              1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
              1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
              1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Thanks lol toyota tech just helped me figure that one out.

Comment

I just put in a new thermostat and waterpump and flushed the rad and its still running hot as shit. The fan is on too. Wtfffff. I'm sitting in my car right now and the temp needle is resting a lil past 3/4s. Does anyone have any idea why it is still running so hot or is this normal for these cars. idk its buggin me out

Comment

Wow the second I hitpost it dropped a quarter inch but still hot. What sensor do I need to replace cuz this sucks

Comment

Oh and now the oil light on my gauges is randomly turning on and off while I'm driving. I need some advice people, help me out please. I know you know your stuff.

Comment

You need to bleed the cooling system.

Comment

Bleed? That's just when you let the coolant boil out of the resovoir tank right? I'll try it in the morning but it was doin that even before my thermo busted in half. Any ideas on the oil light. Its full and with newish oil too so I know it shouldn't be blinking like that.

Comment

Bleed the cooling system - add water-coolant mixture into the expansion tank, until it reaches full mark. Inside the cabin, turn heat control knobs to full warm. Start your E30, and let it idle and warm up to normal operating temperature. Loosen the 8mm bolt on the thermostat housing and let coolant mixture run out until there aren't any bubbles in the stream. Tighten the bolt, let the engine cool, and add water-coolant mixture to the expansion tank, until it reaches 'full' mark.

Comment

Thanks danny ill def get on that in the morning. Hopefully that's the problem but I don't think so. Pretty sure there's a meesed up sensor or something cuz it climbs real high after a while then just magicly falls back to a lil over half like the flip of a light switch. Hottttt to warm in a second

Comment

Working...
                              X