Start up issues, and probably many others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start up issues, and probably many others

So the car was running awesome and everything was ok, everything sounded good, drove good, temparature good, oil is good, everything was ok, as i was on the highway the revs began to twitch i would say, they would go down a couple hundred and back up, the problem got worse and the car shut down, i pulled over and let it sit for a bit and turned it back on, drove it all the way home when i got home the car began to idle roughly when i was stoping or on neutral, i thought it was the fuel filter being clogged up so i changed that, after i changed it i started the car it started and after about 30 seconds it shut off. now i cant get it to start, so i checked to see if there was fuel in the filter, and that was good, i believe that means the pump must be working, and then i checked the line that goes into the engine and there was fuel in that as well, the battery works fine as well so i just dont know whats next, any ideas guys????
    thanx for any coments or opinions

The first check would be to see if there is spark when cranking the engine. No spark could be:

Bad timing reference sensor
    Bad main relay
    Bad fusible link
    No power to the coil or a bad coil
    Bad DME
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

So the car felt as if it was jerking as if something was wrong with the fuel pump, or as if the fuel filter was clogged, so i replaced both the fuel filter, replaced the fuel pump, made sure there was electricity going into the fuel pump, the fuses were ok, and the relay ( well i dont know how to check if the relay is good, but it either works or it doesnt) turned on the car and it turned on, and ran smoothly for about 15 minutes, however there was A LOT OF SMOKE out of the exhaust and after 15 minutes it stuttered and shut off, WHYYYYYYY!!! any ideas guys? :hitler:

Comment

Working...
      X